Audit Senior Data Analyst
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
The Audit Senior Data Analyst will assist with the strategic build out of the audit analytics program by leading strategic initiatives and helping refine our methodology. Day to day work includes assisting the Audit Analytics Manager in completing analytics work in support of Internal Audit. This includes directly supporting audit reviews through their lifecycles, handling ad-hoc requests, and indirectly supporting the department through training, analytics guidance and efficiency related automation.
- Assist the Audit Analytics Manager with the strategic build out of the Audit Analytics Program by leading teams to complete strategic initiatives.
- Assist in our transition to Continuous Auditing by developing, standardizing and optimizing testing scripts
- Responsible for providing analytics support to the IA department, including:
- Meet with the Auditor-In-Charge to gather requirements, advise on testing strategy, and develop a plan.
- Obtain the data, complete validation techniques, and perform any required cleansing / manipulation
- Perform the agreed upon analytics and document the work completed to allow for reperformance
- Develop visualizations that tell the "story" implied by the analytical insights in a compelling way
- Provide indirect support for the department including training staff on analytics tools and techniques, advising auditors on analytics best practice, and helping improve departmental efficiency through automation initiatives.
- Maintain an awareness of current analytics industry trends, stay current on relevant emerging technologies, and maintain skills through formal on the job training.
- Advise management on key issues, strategic risks, and process improvement opportunities.
- Limited travel maybe required (5-10%) and optional compressed work week available
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, degree in data Science, Management Information Systems or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field preferred
- CAP, CFE, CISA, CIA, CPA, or other relevant designation preferred
- 3+ years of experience performing data analysis
- Functional knowledge of the banking industry preferred
- Experience in an audit environment preferred
- Experience with the entire analytics lifecycle, including requirements gathering, data querying & validation, data cleansing/manipulation, data analysis, and data visualization.
- Experience using data analytics tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, Excel, VBA, Python, IDEA or ACL
- Strong knowledge of database design/data modeling preferred
- Experience with Continuous Auditing and/or Continuous Risk Assessment preferred
- Problem Solving; someone who is naturally curious, who can find creative solutions to effectively address auditor needs
- Adaptability; need to be able to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities, must be detail oriented with a systems mindset, and have strong project management / organizational skills
- Initiative; make continuous progress on the things that matter without specific instructions; find more effective or efficient solutions to existing problems
Job Reference #: 5000407139106