132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of key attributes in the reconciliation software such as aging exceptions, assignment of reconciler/approvers, reconciliation frequency and thresholds.
- Publish monthly reconciliation scorecard and aging exceptions distributed to key stakeholders across the organization within established Accounting close cycle calendar.
- Perform analysis of monthly key risk indicators, such as segregation of duties, aging and dollar thresholds, new activities etc.
- Publish monthly inventory of approved GL and Internal DDA reports, perform required follow-up and monitor for completion.
- Participate in the quarterly scoping process leveraging prior quarter results, participation in various meeting such as the monthly accounting close, and Audit reports etc.
- Create quarterly testing work files ensuring accuracy and completeness. Confirm receipt of a complete inventory of hard copy reconciliations.
- Assist in completing quarterly assessment of approximately 40,000 GL automated reconciliations, 1400 GL manual reconciliations and 100 internal use accounts reconciliation prepared across the organization. Utilizing a risk based approach applying techniques ranging from basic reviews, inquires, detailed sampling and onsite observations. Document, summarize and communicate testing results
- Provide policy interpretation and direct support regarding reconciliation issues to the Business lines.
- Participate in updating the reconciliation policy / standards and the annual training program required of reconcilers/approvers.
- Partner with SOX, external and internal auditors providing support for their testing of reconciliations.
- Role requires continuous development and an understanding of auditing and accounting