Assistant Banking Center Manager
20 North Main St.-MHA18
- Observe and coach the entire branch team in a timely and effective manner
- Provide input and recommendations in support of the employee performance management and counseling processes.
- Promote teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
- Assist in the establishing of development goals/plans for self and staff members.
- Meet/exceed individual development goals and objectives.
- Assist in the interview selection process under the guidance of the Branch Manager.
- Assist in the facilitation of and reinforcement of team-training sessions consistent with Webster's Sales & Service process.
- Make recommendations to reward and recognize performance of team members utilizing established programs and sources.
Sales & Service
- Consistently meet/exceed all sales goals, retention goals and customer service standards
- Model behavior consistent with the Webster Sales and Service Process.
- Assist branch manager in developing, implementing, and managing a detailed business plan and participate in establishing team sales and service goals.
- Build strong internal/external relationships through ownership of problem solving and follow through.
- Participate in and encourage team involvement in team and telemarketing events and community involvement efforts.
- Effectively utilize decision/exception tools to support valuable customer retention.
- Ensure excellence in customer service and maintain service standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Webster asset, liability, and partner products and services as well as alternative delivery channels.
- Commit to add positive growth to Webster as a whole by assisting with the coaching of staff to cross sell products and services.
Operations & Compliance
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch evaluation requirements.
- Assist with the completion of required periodic audits and inventories on a timely basis.
- Assign duties and schedule workflow on a daily basis. Schedule all branch employee shifts to meet customer service needs.
- Assist in the compliance of all aspects of the Leadership Scorecard
- Assist with the achievement of year over year profitability through daily expense management consistent with the branch P&L statement.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure fee waivers and rebates are granted within bank guidelines.
Other duties as required.
- High School/GED required.
- College Degree or some college coursework is preferred.
- 2-3 years customer sales/service experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience. Demonstrated success in leading, coaching, and motivating.
C) Job Skills/ Knowledge:
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of sales and relationship skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (E-mail, Intranet, Internet, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to learn all software systems that suport branch transaction processing.
- Awareness of small business, other investment products, mortgages, and lending services.
- Ability to develop and utilize teller skills to provide staffing flexibility, as required.
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to attain required licenses as necessary.
- Understanding of Webster and Retail Banking mission goals and strategies and roles of key business partners
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Typical office enviroment/working conditions
Coaching-facilitating the development of others knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Team Building- actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.One who concentrates efforts on the betterment of the team rather than themselves
Communication Skills-verbal, written, formal and informal, interpersonal, active listening.
Relationship Building- strong interpersonal skills, credibility.
Customer Service Orientation-making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Persuasiveness-using appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, or product from prospects and existing customers.
Influencing and Negotiation -persuasively communicates ideas and proposals; provides compelling rationale for arguments; builds a broad base of support among key stakeholders; negotiates win/win solutions.
Integrity-maintaining social ethical and organizational norms, firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
Detail Oriented-knowing and adhering to all pertinent policies, procedures, and communication; effective follow through and reinforcement.
Analytical Thinking- identify resources, collect data, detemine relevant relationships, identify key issues, complete analysis, draw conclusions, and choose most appropriate action.
General Business Knowledge- such as understanding on a rudimentary level: Accounting, Finance, Managemeent, Marketing, Information Technology, and Human Resources.
Decisiveness- making the right judgement call at the right time.