Assistant Banking Center Manager
50 North Main Street-LF100
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Observe and coach the entire branch team in a timely and effective manner
- Provide input and recommendations in support of the employee performance management and counseling processes.
- Promote teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
- Assist in the establishing of development goals/plans for self and staff members.
- Meet/exceed individual development goals and objectives.
- Assist in the interview selection process under the guidance of the Branch Manager.
- Assist in the facilitation of and reinforcement of team-training sessions consistent with Webster's Sales & Service process.
- Make recommendations to reward and recognize performance of team members utilizing established programs and sources.
Sales & Service
- Consistently meet/exceed all sales goals, retention goals and customer service standards
- Model behavior consistent with the Webster Sales and Service Process.
- Assist branch manager in developing, implementing, and managing a detailed business plan and participate in establishing team sales and service goals.
- Build strong internal/external relationships through ownership of problem solving and follow through.
- Participate in and encourage team involvement in team and telemarketing events and community involvement efforts.
- Effectively utilize decision/exception tools to support valuable customer retention.
- Ensure excellence in customer service and maintain service standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Webster asset, liability, and partner products and services as well as alternative delivery channels.
- Commit to add positive growth to Webster as a whole by assisting with the coaching of staff to cross sell products and services.
Operations & Compliance
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch evaluation requirements.
- Assist with the completion of required periodic audits and inventories on a timely basis.
- Assign duties and schedule workflow on a daily basis. Schedule all branch employee shifts to meet customer service needs.
- Assist in the compliance of all aspects of the Leadership Scorecard
- Assist with the achievement of year over year profitability through daily expense management consistent with the branch P&L statement.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure fee waivers and rebates are granted within bank guidelines.
Other duties as required.
- High School/GED required.
- College Degree or some college coursework is preferred.
- 2-3 years customer sales/service experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience. Demonstrated success in leading, coaching, and motivating.
C) Job Skills/ Knowledge:
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of sales and relationship skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (E-mail, Intranet, Internet, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to learn all software systems that suport branch transaction processing.
- Awareness of small business, other investment products, mortgages, and lending services.
- Ability to develop and utilize teller skills to provide staffing flexibility, as required.
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to attain required licenses as necessary.
- Understanding of Webster and Retail Banking mission goals and strategies and roles of key business partners
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Typical office enviroment/working conditions
Coaching-facilitating the development of others knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Team Building- actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.One who concentrates efforts on the betterment of the team rather than themselves
Communication Skills-verbal, written, formal and informal, interpersonal, active listening.
Relationship Building- strong interpersonal skills, credibility.
Customer Service Orientation-making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Persuasiveness-using appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, or product from prospects and existing customers.
Influencing and Negotiation -persuasively communicates ideas and proposals; provides compelling rationale for arguments; builds a broad base of support among key stakeholders; negotiates win/win solutions.
Integrity-maintaining social ethical and organizational norms, firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
Detail Oriented-knowing and adhering to all pertinent policies, procedures, and communication; effective follow through and reinforcement.
Analytical Thinking- identify resources, collect data, detemine relevant relationships, identify key issues, complete analysis, draw conclusions, and choose most appropriate action.
General Business Knowledge- such as understanding on a rudimentary level: Accounting, Finance, Managemeent, Marketing, Information Technology, and Human Resources.
Decisiveness- making the right judgement call at the right time.