436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Application Architect plays an important role in the design and analysis of software projects. The Application Architect will see the "big picture" and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide development teams. The Application Architect recommends the creation of new applications or improvements existing applications, works with teams to develop product prototypes, and creates roadmaps, technical documents and manuals relating to application design and development. The Application Architect evaluates application technologies and makes recommendations for best solutions. In addition, the Application Architect is involved in recommending training of other team members in areas of programming and software development.
Key positon requirements include:
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience leading design and architecture efforts and associated projects. Banking / financial industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Proven leadership in Information Technology that executes on project delivery
- Strategic partner with Lines of Business to understand and solve technological problems
- Ability to develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Stellar verbal, written and presentation communications
- Strong demonstrated experience in design, support and management of mission critical software solutions
- Cloud/hybrid cloud experience is preferred
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Working experience in Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of vendor relationship management
- Working experience in Project Management
- Working experience in Risk Management
- Working knowledge of banking regulations
- Working knowledge of IT Audit processes
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
Other critical skills:
- Ability to successfully partner with non-technical stakeholders to ensure project goals are met
- Ability to provide collaborative feedback and recommend alternative solutions to solve business and technical problems
This ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual with passion for ensuring delivery of high quality technical projects and applications that allow our organization meet critical business goals. Candidate will need 10 years of experience in architecture and design of technology solutions and has effectively worked with teams to deliver high quality mission critical projects. Applicant will be viewed as a subject matter expert in mission critical applications and technologies.
Job Reference #: 5000113768806