Analyst ESG (Hybrid)
Date ActiveJan 10, 2023 11:42:35 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Reporting to the Managing Director of ESG, Government and Public Affairs, this role will be engaged with Webster’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) program. This individual will also work closely with the Communications team to ensure consistent and timely coverage of ESG reporting and other Corporate Responsibility efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with implementation of ESG strategy and related reporting.
- Gather data, benchmarks and insights from evolving ESG standards to evaluate company performance.
- Manage internal deliverables for ESG reporting.
- Track company engagement with rating agencies, indices, and disclosure organizations, including monitoring, analyzing, and identifying opportunities to improve scores.
- Contribute to ESG-related activities across the organization (e.g., Corporate Responsibility/ESG website content, annual integrated report content, etc.).
- Work with Communications and Marketing to develop appropriate internal and external communications around the company’s ESG and Corporate Responsibility strategy and progress.
- Research and develop content for ESG and Government/Public Affairs, including briefing memos, policy positions, workshops and executive presentations.
- Assist in developing and implementing advocacy strategies, including educational content.
- Position includes project-based work as well as ongoing responsibilities.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in government affairs, public policy or related area preferred
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams
- Strong interest in developing an understanding of ESG topics – familiarity with ESG frameworks, raters and rankers is a plus
- Must be organized, curious and proactive.
- Strong communication, writing and proofreading skills.
- Capacity for sharp analysis and ability to problem solve.
- Strong initiative and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple assignments.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
The estimated salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000 USD annually. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
#LI - Hybrid