Systems Analyst Programmer
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Undertake complex tasks requiring specific technical skills and project planning/execution abilities. Provide accurate estimates on application implementation and requested enhancements. Deliver projects and tasks on time and within budget while adhering to Webster Bank's application standards and external regulatory requirements.
Ensure that systems are monitored for acceptable performance and make recommendations for improvements when warranted.
- Work with a variety of clients to ensure customer requirements are met while adhering to Webster standards and policies; including IT management, business line representatives, and vendors
- Gather and analyze client requirements for new or existing applications
- Design, develop, and test solutions for client related requirements
- Document and implement solutions per Webster SDLC and change management policies and procedures
- Provide routine and emergency production support. Debug and resolve application errors to minimize impact to application users.
- Manage the evaluation and recommendation of application software and vendor alternatives
- Bachelors in IT; Computer Science; Business or a related field
- An advanced degree is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of working experience in Problem and Change Management.
- 3+ years experience with General Accounting, Finance, and/or Human Resource applications preferred.
- Working knowledge in the financial industry experience preferred.
- Significant working knowledge of enterprise platforms; complex system designs; relational database; software development and software testing, including a working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Key analytical skills to evaluate business needs and align solutions to those needs.
- Working knowledge developing processes; policies; standards & procedures.
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills for all levels of staff and management.
- Leverages a strategic, consultative approach to influence decisions and present alternative solutions.
- Ability to address conflict and issues openly and professionally; escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of project methodologies; including Waterfall and Agile
- Working knowledge on Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online