Senior Relationship Manager
Date Posted: 12/1/2017
Location: Boston, MA
100 Franklin Street-MASU2
100 Franklin Street-MASU2
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for. Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded.
Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Senior Relationship Manager will manage a portfolio of cash management clients and be responsible for the Request for Proposal Process for government and commercial bank clients.
Activities will include:
- Cross-sell cash management and credit solutions on a client needs basis
- Oversight of client's cash position and transfer approvals
- Perform regular client reviews
- Manage and create all Request for Proposal bank responses
The ideal candidate must be an expert in cash management solutions and have proven and successful experience at a relationship manager level. Moreover, the candidate will learn our bank offerings and capabilities quickly so that he/she can appropriately respond to Request for Proposal inquiries and meet client needs.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, political science, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in identifying core banking and credit needs, cross selling or public sector experience.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate complex customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Understanding of statutes governing municipalities.
- Understanding of financial products and services utilized by government entities
- Strong relationship management and sales acumen
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven organization, process and project skills
- Ability to prioritize all internal and external deliverables
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast pace environment
- Travel requirements of 35% within our four state footprint
- Expertise in Word, Excel and Power Point required
- CTP Certification is a plus.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online