Senior Credit Risk Review Manager
185 Asylum Street-HF215
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk Review function through the assessment, on a loan specific or portfolio-wide basis, of credit quality and corresponding potential loan or other loss exposure for the various commercial loan portfolios and activities which create credit risk. Monitor compliance with, and adequacy of, established business line and corporate credit policies.
- Conduct credit risk reviews in accordance with CRR policy and procedures. Primary responsibility for managing all aspects of assigned reviews including planning, fieldwork and recommending appropriate ratings and formal recommendations as needed.
- Maintain specific areas of subject matter expertise and be responsible for the ongoing education of other department members in these areas.
- Conduct ongoing/continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios per CRR Policy. Evaluate effectiveness of management processes in the various portfolios.
- Regular interaction with business unit leaders, executive management as well as regulators and auditors.
- As a review participant, use credit and financial information to verify the credit worthiness of existing borrowers. Assess appropriateness of current risk ratings.
- Provide consultative feedback to relationship managers and unit managers relative to credit/loan quality issues arising from the reviews.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in commercial credit analysis and/or credit risk review.
- Detail oriented and able to work well independently and within deadlines
- Strong financial statement analysis skills within assigned disciplines with demonstrated versatility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online