200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Review Appraiser is responsible for reviewing appraisal reports on 1-4 family homes to ensure their quality and accuracy as well as compliance with the Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), applicable regulatory requirements, Webster Bank's appraisal policies and guidelines, and generally accepted appraisal practices. The Review Appraiser will also provide assistance to the Appraisal Manager on current appraisal and appraisal review issues and provide input to the Appraisal Manager regarding the quality of appraisal reports and competency of the bank's contracted fee and AMC appraisers.
- Perform written reviews on appraisals on 1-4 family homes to ensure compliance with USPAP, regulatory agencies, generally accepted appraisal practices, and the Bank's appraisal policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance by appraisers and AMC's with the Bank's residential appraisal policy and guidelines.
- Support Residential and Home Equity Underwriting departments and Default Management group on appraisal and appraisal review issues to ensure compliance with policy and guidelines.
- Assist the Appraisal Manager in the selection, monitoring and grading of appraisers and AMCs that provide appraisal services per the Bank's policies and guidelines.
- Makes recommendations for additional data sources or resources needed to ensure the review process is in compliance with current regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Communicates, as needed, with appraisers and AMCs to ensure that conditions and requirements are completed within the guidelines established by the Appraiser Engagement Letter.
- State Real Estate Appraiser Certification is desirable but not required
- 5+ years combined residential appraisal and/or review experience
- Knowledge of FNMA appraisal guidelines
- FHA/HUD panel approved appraiser or experience reviewing FHA/HUD reports
- Familiar with real estate markets throughout Webster Bank's footprint
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, write reports and correspondence.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online